ULTRA SELECT - Ultra High Magnet Strength
12.5mm x 24.5mm ROAR Spec High-Torque Optional Replacement Tuning Rotor
This is an optional strength, ROAR legal tuning rotor for all FR-1 spec motors (except 25.5).
ROTORS BASICS: The larger the diameter of the rotor is, the more torque it will produce, with less RPM. The smaller the diameter of the rotor is, will achieve the opposite affect, i.e. more RPM and less torque. The stronger the magnet strength of the rotor is, the more torque it will produce, with less RPM. The weaker the strength of the rotor, will achieve the opposite affect, i.e. more RPM and less torque.
Check out these features...
- Type: Ultra Select High-Torque / Ultra High Magnet Strength
- Size: 12.5mm
- All Fantom rotors are guaranteed to meet our strict standards, regardless if the "Rotor Strength Test Option" is chosen or not.
- Sintered Neodymium Magnet - Produces huge power and high efficiency. Also, the sintered design provides increased strength and durability to withstand the heat and rpm stresses of racing.
- Nickel Plated - Increases durability and helps prevent rotor from blowing apart due to over-revving and high RPM conditions.
- ROAR APPROVED in all FR-1 spec motors! (except 25.5)
- Precision Balanced
IMPORTANT: There are other brands that offer higher strength rotors, but their strength fades very easily when using them at typical operating temperatures we run at in most R/C racing applications. For example, be very cautious of other brands offering 1700+ rotors. The numbers look good on paper, but our research has shown that most of these will fade very easily into the 1500's, even after just one run, if they get over 150° F, which is very common in most racing classes. We have tested every magnet material we can get our hands on and our current formula is the best available for R/C racing and passes all of our strict requirements. Before we offer a new formula rotor, we test three critical specification, including magnet gauss strength, resistance to heat and resistance to fading. Magnet gauss strength is most important, because it is one of the biggest factors in how a motor performs. Our goal is always to find the highest strength, to meet the high demands of today's racing classes, but with the best resistance to fade. A general rule of thumb is that the higher the strength, the less resistance to fade it has, so finding that perfect balance is what we always try to achieve. Fade is caused by heat, so resistance to fade and resistance to heat go hand-in-hand. For example, a 1700+ rotor has high magnet strength, but will not have good resistance to heat, which will cause it to fade quickly. A 1500+ rotor has low magnet strength, but will typically hold up to heat better, however, most racing classes today require 1600+ rotor strength. Our current magnet formula meets our strict standards of high strength, and high resistance to heat & fade. Forget the hype of the other comapnies. We have spent countless hours of R&D with our rotors, to bring you the best in R/C!
IMPORTANT: We use our Fantom Facts Machine v3 to test our rotors. It is important to know that there is no standard in the RC industry for testing brushless rotors. There are numerous testers on the market, including the Trinity, MMS and others, that all provide different information. The information can vary greatly. For example, one company's meter may read 1500 for a rotor, where our meter may read it as 1400. You can feel confident that our testing equipment is built to the highest standards and provides the most accurate readings in RC.
- Stadium Truck (Standard Track)
- Short Course
- Touring Car (Short to Standard Track)
- 2wd Buggy (Short to Standard Track)
- 4wd Buggy
- Dirt Oval (Short Track)
OPTIONAL SERVICE & UPGRADE DETAILS:
- Rotor Strength Test Option - With this option the rotor's magnetic field strength is tested on our Fantom Facts Machine v3 rotor tester and the results are provided.